Monday, June 5, 2017

Simply Me Dreamcatcher

Simply Me 
Dreamcatcher

Hello crafty friends, Amy here from thetigershaven. For my first post here on the Victorine Originals blog, I decided to do something I am comfortable doing, a mixed media canvas using the Dream catcher stamp.

When I first saw this stamp, I fell in love with it. It's simple and beautiful. 


Starting out with a 6X6 canvas, I added blues using Decoart media (cyan, turquoise &teal).  I then speckled paint around the background as well as the flowers I added later with cyan, white & magenta. As I was waiting for that to dry, I grabbed a price of brown cardstock & rubbed it down with Tim Holtz Distress paint-walnut stain, then stamped my image in white & then black. Tearing around the image to give it the look I wanted. I used Ken Olivers, color burst to add color to a white lace like paper I had. 
After finding all the accessories from my stash and the perfect wood veneer saying by simple stories, I began to place everything together, moving peices around until they found their spot on the canvas.

I hope you've enjoyed my post today, I have added a list of all supplies used on my post over on my blog
Thank you for coming by and don't forget to check out our challenge going on right now here on the blog. Please join in & show us your take on father's. 
Hugs 


Amy

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty canvas, Amy! Love the blue and different embellishments you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful canvas! I love that you used the stamp for mixed media. A great variation from the traditional cards that I always seem to be making ;)

    ReplyDelete